Monday, December 24, 2007

Bujjigadu Prabhas




It''s his birthday on October 23. The year 2007 hasn''t been very lucky for him. Yet, Prabhas hopes he will have a good run in 2008. Soon, he will begin shooting for his next film with Puri Jagannath. On the eve of his birthday, IndiaGlitz gets him to talk of his favourite co-star and marriage

Here’s wishing you many happy returns of the day!

Thank you.
How’s your career shaping up?

I have had a bad year. Both Yogi and Munna didn’t do too well, though they have got good reviews. Having said that, it cannot be ignored that Munna made six crores in Nizam. Yogi did okay too. So, looking forward for future projects!
Both Yogi and Eeshwar bank heavily on the mother sentiment… Did you want it that way?

It is just coincidence. Even Munna and Chatrapati too have mother sentiment. We didn’t try to put in anything. It just happened.
One usually associates Prabhas with mass, action films. Are you game to trying different subjects like Aparichitudu?

In my case, I have already tried experimentation in Chakram and Pournami. But they failed at the box-office. So, now I stick to good old mass films.
What do you look for before signing a film?

First, it has to be the storyline. Then, of course, it would be my role. If the role excites me, then I look out for the director and banner.
Action flicks apart, what kind of films do you personally like doing?

I love romantic subjects. Gitanjali is among my favourite films. Then come the action films. Sentiment films are surely not in the top slot.
Looking back, which is your favourite among your films?

Definitely Chatrapati. The audiences too have liked it.
There is intense competition in the industry these days. How do you deal with this?

By being smart and trying to make the right choices. That you have to put in lots of hard work goes without saying. It is equally important to try variations in characters and characterization.
Krishnam Raju is known for his historicals. Do you have any intentions of trying your hand at historicals or mythologies?

Yes, but after four years or so. I surely would love to try doing some good subjects. In fact, Bhakta Kannappa, which stars my uncle Krishnam Raju in the title role is among my favourite films. Incidentally, it was directed by Bapu garu, which is another highlight. I would love to do a similar role.
There are rumours about you doing a film with your uncle soon…

Yes. It will be launched next year.
Among your female co-stars, who do you like the most?

Shriya.
Are you open to doing multi-starrers?

Why not? Though I should be convinced about my role in it.
Still some films show heroes bashing up 20 goons single-handedly. Your take on that?

This has been the trend since black and white films. People have watched them and continue to watch them. Personally though, I like natural action sequences. We tried our best to make the fight scenes look believable in Chatrapati.
After Puri’s film, what are your other films?

I haven’t signed any yet. The shooting for this film will begin from November. I am reading scripts.
What’s your opinion about love marriages?

There’s nothing wrong in it.
So, when are you getting married?

My older brother is still to get married. It will be at least four years before I get married.
Anything you want to say to your fans?

I would like to thank them for all the love and adulation they have given to my uncle and me over the years. I really appreciate all that they do for us, but I sincerely advise them to concentrate on their careers and wish that they would do well in life!

No comments: